Surf Scoter 22 "Whistler"
This well-maintained power cruiser is the perfect get-away boat for a couple looking for adventure in comfort and style. While towable on its included trailer with a standard size truck it packs all the features necessary to be comfortable and safe. Appropriate for weekends or longer trips, this boat has proven to be seaworthy in a wide range of conditions and is perfectly suited for use in all of Puget Sound, the San Juan and Gulf Islands and other similar cruising grounds. Professionally built by Devlin Designing Boatbuilders, this boat is presently stored on land and is available for inspection at Devlin Designing Boat Builders in Olympia, Washington. Call Sam Devlin at (360) 866-0164 or email him
Features of Whistler include...
- A queen-sized v-berth with custom made memory foam cushions new in 2007.
- A very well designed galley with lots of storage space, a 2-burner alcohol stove, a sink with foot-pump operated running water, and a stainless barbecue outside in the cockpit.
- A ceramic marine head with on-board sewage treatment.
- Appropriate instrumentation for a boat this size including GPS and a DSC-enabled marine radio.
- A propane cabin heater to take the chill off on cool mornings or to extend the cruising season.
- A reliable Yamaha 90hp 2-stroke power plant that drives Whistler at a comfortable 10-knot cruising speed at 3.5-4 gph.
- A light-weight stern-mounted dinghy to get ashore or to explore shallow coves.
- A galvanized tandem trailer completely refurbished in 2008 and upgraded with disc brakes.
- A custom bow-to-stern Sunbrella boat cover.
Navigation & Electronics
- Raytheon RC420 Chartplotter
- Raytheon 112LP GPS Transducer
- Navionics NavCharts (Columbia River, Puget Sound)
- Autohelm ST50 Tridata & Repeater
- Ritchie Explorer Compass
- Raytheon Raymarine Ray215 VHF Marine Radio
- 1994 Yamaha 90 HP ‘90S’ 2-cycle outboard
- Yamaha key start
- Yamaha Remote Control with LCD Marine Meter
Electrical & Lighting
- Guest Model 2610 10 amp, 2 bank, 3 stage battery charger
- 2 AGM marine batteries (new spring 2010)
- Shore power inlet with duplex AC outlet
- 50’ Marinco 30 amp shore power cord
- Marinetics assessory panel
- Perko battery switch
- 12-volt outlet
- 4 Cantalupi halogen “Patty” gold adjustable angle lights
- Remote control spotlight on pilot house roof (facing forward)
- Fixed spotlight at rear of pilot house (facing aft)
- Running lights
- Overhead dual white/red light in fore cabin
Instruments & Gauges
- Fuel gauge
- Engine hours gauge
- Battery voltage gauge
- ABI brass barometer
- ABI brass clock
- Chromed spoke steering wheel
- Teleflex Baystar hydraulic steering system
- 2 manual windshield wipers
- Bennett trim tabs
- Fire extinguisher
- Muir windlass
- Bruce 7.5 kg plow anchor with chain/nylon rode
- Sig Marine Cozy Cabin propane heater
- Electric bilge pump
- Origo 4000 2-burner alcohol stove
- Stainless sink with foot-pumped running water
- Teak pantry organizer
- Double door storage cabinet/pantry under galley
Cushions & Housewares
- Raritan PHE-II electrical marine head
- Raritan Electro/San sanitation system
- Captain’s and first mate’s seat cushions & removable seat backs
- Teak framed mirror in pilot house
- Teak paper towel holder in pilot house
- 2 teak chart racks
- Curtains for pilot house windows
- Cup/pencil/binocular holder on pilot house dashboard
- Side and seat cushions in fore cabin
- Table in fore cabin converts to v-berth with fill cushions
- All seat cushions are memory foam
- 5 custom throw cushions
- Teak bookshelf in fore cabin
- Pots, dishes, flatware, and other galley items
- Devin 7’ 6” “Poquito” dinghy
- Shaw & Tenney spruce oars with bronze oarlocks
- Pacific tandem trailer with surge disc brakes
- Dacron steadying sail
- Magma propane grill with deck mount
- Ultrex cockpit sunshade
- Sliding cockpit door with lock
- Large screened hatch in pilot house
- Large screened hatch in fore cabin with
- Nicrovent solar fan
- 2 opening, screened round portholes in fore cabin
- 2 opening, screened round portholes in pilot house
- 2 opening, screened side windows in pilot house
- Cooler with seat cushion in cockpit
- Dinghy davits mounted on transom
- Stainless steel boarding ladder
- Miscellaneous lines
- 6 fenders
- 2 storage holds in fore cabin
- 2-25 gallon water tanks under v-berth
- Self-bailing cockpit with sealed storage under