Building Instructions Booklet For Stitch & Glue Construction (Downloadable)
- A comprehensive 80+ page guide to Stitch and Glue construction with text, drawings and color photos.
- Table of Contents:
- Aids for the Builder: Books and Videos, Wholesale Buying Clubs, Boatbuilders Answering Service, The Devlin Store
- Upside-down Build Sequence
- Marine Plywood
- Putting the boat together
- Stitching Up
- Proofing the Bulkheads
- Building Cradles
- Leveling the Hulls
- Resin Starved Joints
- Biaxial Cloth
- Tabbing the Hull
- Ballast Keels
- Saturation Coat
- Building Specifics
- Sheer Clamps
- Cap Rails, Toe Rails, and Rub Rails
- Offset Information
- P & S
- Sanding Aids1
- Mixing Ratios
- Epoxy Tools
- Stapling your Stitch and Glue Boat
- A Pictorial Building Process of a Stitch and Glue Boat
- This downloadable ZIP file contains the building booklet in PDF format that is suitable for printing and on-screen study.
- Upon checkout, you'll immediately be provided with a hyperlink to download the file. When prompted to, be sure to select "Save" and indicate a folder on your hard drive.
- Double click the saved file. Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Mac OS 10.3 and later, have the functionality built-in needed to open ZIP files but older versions will need a utility program such as WinZip or pkzip.
- In order to open the PDF, you may need to download and install a freeware utility program called Adobe Reader. It's available at www.adobe.com.
- Please do not hesitate to email or call us if you need assistance.
- Happy boat building!